FRIDAY: 3rd June
- 7:00pm – Registered Thunder Hop vehicle owners social drinks/pizza night.
SATURDAY: 4th June
- 8:45am – Registered Thunder Hop Cars to meet at the social marquee
- 9:00am – Thunder Hop Coffee Cruise departs
- 2:00pm -2:30pm - All Thunder Hop registered cars to arrive and set up.
- 3:00pm - Gates Open
- 3:00pm – 10:00pm – Food & vendors stalls to be open
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm – Thunder Hop Show & Shine
- 6:00pm Prize giving for the Show & Shine and Thunder Hop car depart.
- 3:30 pm – 4:30pm – Cold balloon inflation walk through - Gold coin entry
- 5:15 pm – 5:30pm – Hot balloon inflation night glow
- 6:30pm – 7:00pm – Fire dancer competition (TBC number attending)
- 7:30pm – 8:15pm – 1st set for band to perform: Let's Go Descarrego
- 8:00pm – 10:00pm – Laser to perform through the event area at different times
- 8:15pm – Lighting of the big bonfire
- 8:30pm – 9:15pm – 2nd set for the band to play: Let's Go Descarrego
- 10:00pm – Event finished (all music and lights stopped)
- 10:30pm – Gates closed
SUNDAY: 5th June
Thunder Hop Lunch cruise to Whitianga
- 11:20am – Thunder Hop registered vehicles to meet at the social marquee
- 11:30am – Depart from event area together and head to Whitanga
- Midday - arrive in Whitianga (32.8 kms). Location to be confirmed
- 4:00pm – NZMTG social catch up in the marquee
- 6:30pm - Outdoor movie night for all campers to enjoy (weather dependent)
- 9:00am – NZMTG & Thunder Hop catch up coffee at the social marquee before everyone departs
|We are now at full capacity for Custom Cars - No other Custom Cars will be admitted to the event. If you have any questions contact Mark Aldridge:|
|Entry to the event is free but you MUST be staying at the Hot Water Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park. Get in quick before accommodation sells out!|
Please note if you are coming to the Thunder Hop you must book into the campground directly.
This will be limited in numbers as it will be a social three day event.
No public will be allowed to just turn up and enter as we want to keep it smaller and fun.
Learn more about the Light Festival
Terms of the event:
- Thunder Hop is to start on the 3rd June and finish on the 6th June 2022
- If the weather turns on us this will be canceled, or the Saturday action will be changed to Sunday
- The hot and cold air balloons can only be inflated in very light winds (the balloonist will be in charge of this)
- Classic Car registrations incur a $30 fee payable to New Zealand Motorhome Travel Group (Mark Aldridge) [email protected]
- Timings may change due to traffic light settings and weather. This will be comunicated as soon as possible.
- There will be an event photographer at the Thunder Hop. By entering the event I acknowledge that my image may be used on social media, websites & print media for the purpose of event promotion and marketing